Monday, January 28, 2008

Happiness for President Hinckley

When I heard the news last night of Pres. Hinckley's passing my heart felt such happiness for him. Death is not a bad thing to one who is so worthy to live in Heavenly Father's presence! He is with his beloved wife of whom he missed terribly! I thought of where he actually was and was very happy for him.

As far as for us, there will be feelings of sadness for his departure but Heavenly Father does not leave things undone...we have prophets here on earth today and a new president and presidency will be sustained shortly! The work continues on without much interruption. The Brethern are very capable and are lead by Heavenly Father!

I will remember Pres. Hinckley best when he came to the Birmingham Temple for its dedication. I was able to sing in the Cornerstone Choir and was actually in the Celestial Room with him! It was marvelous, an experience I will never forget. I like how candid Pres. Hinckley was. He reminded me a lot of my own father, they have a lot of the same mannerisms! I loved President Hinckley...

2 comments:

Carly A said...

I feel the same about President Hinckley. Sad for us but so good for him.

Debbie said...

I feel the same way, too. He lived such a long and fruitful life. I bet he is so grateful to be HOME again and to be with his beautiful wife.

signature