Sunday, January 27, 2008
Sunday Dinner
I always make a nicer dinner on Sunday. I usually buy a more expensive cut of meat, make rolls, and have a desert and we usually eat right after church. This is how it was done in the home I was raised in and I have continued the tradition. If there is family that lives around they are invited and so it becomes a family affair. We also have the missionaries on occasion. Today we had a very traditional Mormon dinner. I made Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Frog Eye Salad, rolls and corn. For dessert we enjoyed Better Than Anything Cake. We didn't have any company over, mainly because no family lives close enought to come to Sunday Dinner, but it was good. Most of you that read this blog have the above recipes, but if you don't let me know and I will post it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Natalie has always referred to that cake by a slightly different name! ;)
Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!!! (The cake, that is, not the alternative name....=))
Could you send those recipes to me. They sound delicous.
Chicken Broccoli
2 chickens, cooked and deboned
1 large pkg frozen broccoli
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 cans cream of chicken soup (fat free)
1 cup mayonaise (fat free)
1/2 tsp curry powder
Layer broccoli and then chicken in a 9 x 12 pan. Heat lemon juice, soup, mayonaise, curry powder. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle over top 1 cup grated cheese. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Frog Eyed Salad
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp flour
7/8 c. pinapple juice
2 egg yolks beaten
1 c. acini de pepe (a macaroni product)
2 c mandarin orange slices
16 oz. drained pineapple pieces
16 oz. drained crushed pinapple
1 1/2 c miniature marshmallows
9 oz whipped topping
1 c shredded coconut (optional)
Cook over low heat until thick: sugar, salt, flour, pineapple juice and egg yolks. Cook acinic de pepe according to package directions. Cool under water. Combine above ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Combine pineapples, marshmallows, orange slices, whipped topping and coconut, add to refrigerated mixture and serve.
I have a few things to say. 1. Cute new background (it looks like you to me, I'm not sure why). 2. You are a really good/frequent blogger these days. I'm impressed. 3. I was going to ask for the broccoli casserole but you had already posted it. Thanks. :)
Post a Comment