I found myself in a bit of a pickle today at church. I am the 2nd counselor in RS and therefore I am in charge of the Sunday portion of RS. As we assembled for RS the teacher assigned to teach was no where to be found and no one had seen her all day. I was negligent in calling during the week to make sure she knew she was teaching and so therfore the job of teaching RS fell upon me and I had approximately 2 seconds to get ready!! I know I had read a lesson during the week, but the lesson I thought I had to now teach was not that lesson!! Just my luck! So I quickly tried to gather some thoughts on a lesson I had not even read!! In those few seconds I had some divine help because it doned on me that we weren't doing the lesson I hadn't read but the one before and I had read it!! The Church is true!! To make a long story some what short I did give the lesson and I had even further divine help because it turned out okay!! The lesson was on God The Eternal Father and the thought I gave was relating my own relationship with my earthly father with the relationship of God My Eternal Father. There are many similarities such as:
1. I know my earthly father loves me no matter what just as my Eternal Father does.
2. My earthly father is very wise, above comparison. My Eternal Father knows all.
3. I know my earthly father gives me what I need and what I want as long as it is righteous and I do my part of obtaining it. My Eternal Father also gives unrentlessly upon request and even gives those things that I am unaware of my need for them as long as I am doing my part.
I am so very thankful for an earthly father and for my Eternal Father who with love gave me an earthly father. And I am even greatful for the opportunity of being able to teach today...but you better bet that I won't let another Sunday come without contacting the assigned teacher to make sure that she knows she is teaching and will be at RS to do such!
3.

6 comments:
Oh fun! I love those fun last minute lessons. Jarom teaches the 17-18 yr old class and today as we are about to leave for church Jarom started throwing up (his stomach started hurting last night) so guess who had to teach his class on no notice...??? Yep, that was fun! Luckily it was on the tree of life and was relatively easy.
Way to go Mom!
I'm sure your lesson was just wonderful...lots of times the spontaneous lessons and talks are the best and I have always enjoyed and learned a lot from yours. You better be careful though; if you are too good, you might end up with more Sister NoShows....
Good job, my friend...you rock! =)
Awesome, I wish I had been there!
I would have freaked out, I'm glad it went well. Amazing what Heavenly Father will put in our minds when we are in tune and in need! :)
Her lesson did turn out good. I enjoyed it!
Post a Comment