Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankfulness 7--Missionaries

Today I am thankful for the Missionaries. We had them for dinner tonight and it made me sit and think about how great the Lord's program is for sending these "dorky" 19-21 year olds out in the world to teach the Gospel. It literally changes boys to men. And I think the most important person that a missionary converts is himself. I am thankful that my "dorky" 19 year old son saw it in his heart to go on a mission, because I saw for myself first hand how he changed and is the great man that he is today! We always had the missionaries in our home while he was growing up and I believe it was because of this that he made the correct choice and served his mission. Hopefully Sam, Chase and Davis will also be so influenced by the young missionaries that we had in our home tonight and for many nights to come. (We are priveledged to have them for Thanksgiving next Thursday!) (This by the way is a random picture I found on the internet of Missionariess)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Missionaries bring such a sweet spirit into the home. I love having them over!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

I have fond memories of the missionaries...what awesome people! ;)

Lisha said...

I love the missionaries!

signature