Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankfulness 2---Medical Help, Healing

Chase was dancing around the house, stumbled and twisted his ankle. Of course he did the usual scream at the top of his lungs...but it was his "hurt" cry and both Lacey and I knew it. He grabbed his foot and kept saying that it hurt. The next morning he "crawled" out of bed and for the rest of the day would not put any weight on the foot. Of course both Lacey and I were worried and so we hauled him to the doctors.

Dr. Baker poked and prodded and came up with the diagnosis of a sprained foot. He wrapped Chase's right foot in an ace bandage and told him to take it easy. And Chase crawled around the rest of the day!

Lacey and I went to Enrichment at the church and we both thought that when he got around other friends he would get up and run around and his foot would miraculously be healed...not the case. Instead of him getting up to play with his friends, his friends got down and crawled around with him!!

So what do I have to be thankful about this? One, I am thankful for the means to be able to take sick or hurt children to the doctors to get help. (Chase got his flu shot while at the doctors). Two, I am thankful that Chase is now walking on his foot although with a slight limp and that his little body can heal and mend itself...

1 comment:

Carly A said...

Oh Chasey... silly boy. I am glad that he is feeling better!

signature