Sunday, August 3, 2008

Call the Fire Engines!!!!

On Thursday I was out running errands and Abby left a message on my phone and when I called her back she preceeded to tell me that she almost burnt the house down!! I asked her what happened and she said that she was cooking a corn dog and when she went to take it out of the toaster oven the paper towel she used (why a paper towel only abby knows?) the towel caught on fire! She ran it to the sink to put it out but it burst into flames and so she dropped it on the floor and ran out into the family room screaming...Lexi and Sam came running down the stairs to see what was attacking Abby. By the time they went back into the kitchen the paper towel had burnt up and was just a pile of ashes... thankfully nothing else was burned. Oh kids....

5 comments:

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

OMGosh!!! We had a similar incident involving 8 yr old M, sausage, and a frying pan a few years ago....kids....

I'm glad that none of our kids have burnt any of our homes down (yet)! ;)

Unknown said...

like father, like daughter?....ask LaVor why my mom and dad remodeled our kitchen....

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! A paper towel to get something out of a toaster oven??? Glad nothing more burned!!

Carly A said...

Haha I did something like that at my friend Ashlee's house. And I think I was about Abby's age. I am glad that she is okay!

Lisha said...

Reminds me of Sam trying to make applesauce in the toaster oven using a plastic bowl and a fresh apple...

signature