Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bigger Picture??

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you saw the bigger picture of life? We are at a spot in our lives right now that I wished I could see that picture. I wished I knew what the heck to do about our house in Alabama. It's been a year now and it hasn't sold and supporting 2 housing payments gets a little tough at times! I know without a shadow of a doubt that we were to come to Oklahoma and so then why hasn't our house sold in Alabama? I sometimes ask Heavenly Father what it is that I am suppose to learn so I can learn it and get the house sold! Maybe just maybe though it is better for us not to know the bigger picture and maybe that is what I am to learn...along with a little patience!! So here it goes...more patience and a little more faith!

7 comments:

Carly A said...

I feel the same way! I pray every night that you guys will be able to sell that house! My HGTV obsession has taught me that 'staged' homes sell better than bare homes. By like 75%. One I watched today rented furniture. Just a thought. I also think if you add a fence it will help. PLEASE someone buy 109 Daffodil Circle!

Fig said...

Oh, Michelle, I'm sorry. That's got to be stressing you out, but you seem to be handling it pretty well.

Do you remember when Pres. Roberts spoke to us about prayer, I think at our ward conference? He said if we pray for something and then continue to worry about it, we're undoing the prayer. That's incredibly hard for me to do, but I guess the message is that once we've asked in faith, we just let Him take care of it and quit worrying. SO HARD.

I'll be praying for you too!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Oh my gosh!!! I so totally empathize!!! One of the reasons the kids and I didn't move to Denver w/ Bruce was b/c we couldn't sell our house here (OK, actually we had a signed contract on it, but our buyers couldn't sell THEIR house....)....and now I feel the same way about our future....I wish I could somehow get a faith "booster shot" or something...or maybe just a little peek at some possible outcomes...I just seem to be unable to see the big picture most of the time....UGHHHH.....

Anyway, wish we could get together and chat....Miss you much....Keeping you in my prayers!!!
Love, C

Unknown said...

Aww...I wish I had some pat answer for you that would be that little booster shot to your faith, but I know you already have more faith than I could give you! Maybe the people that your house is going to be the most awesome blessing for are just slow getting there to see it... Maybe you are supposed to give in and rent it....I dunno...dang it. I do know Heavenly Father loves and watches over us.....without a doubt...
Love you bunches!
Linda

Lacey Freeman said...

I love that house and don't see why anyone else wouldn't, but I guess when I see it I see and remember tons of fun memories!

Beth said...

Thats true about staged homes... I know it must be tough, that is a lot of money in house payments!!!

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

I am so sorry. . . I had no idea that your home hadn't sold yet. I wish we could move back and buy it. I miss Madison so much and the friendships we made there. If I could, I would pack up and move tomorrow. However, I too know we are supposed to be here and despite my difficulty living here we press on and have faith that he knows what is best after all we can do.
My email address is annaleetillman@gmail.com

We will keep you in our prayers. Come visit if you get a chance. We now live at 3469 West 2280 South, Syrucuse, UT.

signature