One of my favorite (note just one because I do have many...)desserts is sliced fresh peaches with vanilla ice cream...YUM!! It doesn't get any better!
Lacey, Chase, Lacey McMurry, son Riley and myself went to Porter Oklahoma --the "Peach Capitol of Oklahoma"--on Tuesday. We picked a bushel and a half of peaches and I bought an additional 1/2 bushel. Riley and Chase had a blast running from tree to tree pulling the peaches off and taking a few bites and then runnig to the next. I think all in all they ate about 10 peaches each! We decided the peaches had already been picked where they had us picking but we had a blast anyhow! We took some cute pictures of which I will post when I find the computer cable.
We are eating peaches every meal--mainly because there is nothing that beats a fresh peach. I sliced 4 quarts and froze them and then I pureed and froze about 1/2 bushel to make jam, syrup and smoothies. We are eating the rest. Tomorrows Sunday dessert will be peach cobbler...YUM YUM!

7 comments:
LOVE peaches. They are my favorite favorite favorite. I've been wanting to go to Porter and get some, because I've heard such amazing things about Porter peaches - was it worth it?
mmmmm... peaches... i wish i were there to help consume this yummy deliciousness. too bad utah and oklahoma dont share a border. :(
They sell Porter peaches in WalMart. It was fun to go and pick the peaches but I think the better peaches were the ones they picked. They were $24 and half bushel. I think they are 99 cents a pound at WalMart.
I wish you were here too to help eat these peaches. Sure do miss you. Love you.
MMM, I feel ya on the peaches! Addie and I split on average 2-3 peaches a day. She LOVES them and so do I! We got ours from Scotts apple orchard out in Hazel Green. Jarom thinks I'm weird because I peel my peaches before I eat them... By the way, next time we see you I need some of your homemade vanilla ice cream... i miss it!!!
I am agreeing with everyone else. I LOVE peaches!
Nothing beats a good ole peach. Yum.
Post a Comment