Friday, August 29, 2008

Newest Member of the Haynie Drivers


On Tuesday we went to the Motor Vehicle Licensing Place or whatever you want to call it right after Seminary. We arrived at 7 am and were the first in line to drive. We had all the paperwork necessary and due to the new windsheild that replaced the old one that Lexi broke while throwing a fit about going to a piano recital about 3 years ago, a new mirror on the right side that was shattered by kids, blinkers that were replaced due to Lexi backing out and hitting a basketball standard pole, a wheel bearing(sp?) that was broke...all costing around $1000 the car was ready to go for the test. Have I ever mentioned that I really HATE cars...but I'm not willing to live without one that is for sure!!!


She passed with flying colors this time around...the first time not so good. The first time it was on a Friday and so there were TONS of people. We waited in line until it was our turn only to be told that she could not drive the car because of the cracked windshield. We called a good friend that lent us her car but by the time we got the car and waited in line again Lexi was too rattled...she didn't come to a complete stop!!! It could have been that the examiner was also training and so was extra picky...but nonetheless she didn't pass. She shed no tears though and came back and did a good job! Now the worry of her on the road...yes I did give her the long talk about cell phones, too loud of music, friends, etc...hopefully it will work and she will be extra careful...always such a worry!

5 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

WHOOP WHOOP!

Dawn, said...

YAY for Lexi, great times ahead, have a blast!!! If MY kids drive a car 1/3 as fast, crazy, and fearless as they do a 4wheeler... I'll allow them to get their licenses at around 35!

Lisha said...

Glad I'm in Alabama and Lexi is in Oklahoma... j/k!

Carly A said...

Way to go Lexi! You are now the errand runner! Yay! I am with Alisha... I am glad that I am in Utah and Lexi is in TUlsa as she starts to drive on her own!

Beth said...

YAY Lexi! Driving is so scary/exciting at first! Give it a few years and you'll be glad for someone to drive for you again. (at least I am!)

signature