Monday, November 22, 2010

And The Cooking Has Begun

I love Thanksgiving...
I L.O.V.E. Thanksgiving!!!
It is my favorite holiday of the year...
yes, better than Christmas
Christmas and I aren't the best of friends...too much hooplah for me
but that is for another post
Today it is about Thanksgiving!!

Thursday we will have 21 and a babe in arms over for our feast!
I am so excited.
First of all the missionaries will be there...it is tradition for the Haynies to feed the missionaries on Thanksgiving.
And the Briggs with their 3 kids and
the Brooks with their 2 kids and babe in arms.
So so excited!

I am trying some new recipes this year
(I'm a fan of Pioneer Woman and the way she cooks)
and so I thought I better prepare some of them in advance to make sure they work for me and also so I am not in a mad flurry trying to pull it all together at the last minute...
because we Haynies FEAST at Thanksgiving!!

This is what I made tonight:

Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce
this is so easy and is really yummy!
I am one that loves cranberry sauce and has to have it at the Thanksgiving turkey meal.
I was real pleased with the way this turned out.
Here's the link for the recipe:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/cranberry-pomegranate-sauce/

and I made cornbread
for Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Apples...
going to make the dressing on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I will be making:
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Carmel Cheesecake
 (per Lexi's request for her birthday which is on Thanksgiving)


:)

1 comment:

Carly A said...

Way to be so prepared!

signature