Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Clavinova

About 25 years ago I got an old player piano. I have had it ever since and have lugged it back and forth across the country.


When we bought our home in Tulsa we knew it was going to be a small miracle to get it up the stairs and into the living room. We moved during January and of course this past year Tulsa experience more snow than Utah!!! Anyway it seemed that way! So my piano sat in the garage and became more out of tune than it was before. But I was not going to give up because I HAVE TO HAVE A PIANO!!

My dad came to the rescue and told me that as part of my inheritance he would give me his Clavinova because he was getting a new one!! I was so excited!!`
A few weeks ago my dad called and said it was going to be too difficult to bring his old clavinova out when they came for a visit mid May.
My heart sank but then he informed me that instead he would sell his clavinova and purchase a new and have it shipped to Tulsa!!

So last Friday we went and picked up the Clavinova from a shipping company and brought it home...


and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

(THE FAMILY IS PRETTY JAZZED ABOUT IT!!)

Thanks Dad for a wonderful gift. This is an inheritance that won't be forgotten and It will be well used and loved...




























2 comments:

Carly A said...

The video makes me really miss you guys! I am excited for your new piano. I always loved having a piano in our house growing up. That is something Michael and I both really want, we just have to get a house that will fit it first :)

Beth said...

What a great gift!

signature