(can't get this picture down where it belongs so just put it in your mind wherever you want...)
(pictures aren't so great but you get the idea...)




Growing up mom always cooked a nice meal after Church.
I have carried on the tradition
and cook a nice meal every Sunday after Church.
And for the past couple of months we have had some type of company joining us.
Today we had the missionaries
and Kelvin Cato better known as "Cato" who is a friend of Lacey's.
We clean up the meal and then have family council meeting after which
those who want to
go for a walk around the neighborhood.
(which is also a tradition)I enjoyed the sessions on Sunday
I have yet to watch, read, or hear the Saturday's sessions.
We will be doing that for the next few Monday's
for FHE.
I really loved the closing song Sunday evening.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang,
"Abide with Me, Tis Eventide"
This brought back a flood of emotion as
it reminded me of Sundays while growing up.
Dad would quite often
sing this song Sunday evenings.
As the song was sung Sunday at the close of Conerence
there were memories of my dad and Sundays.
A very good and comforting emotion.

1 comment:
I always have loved Sundays at your house and Grandma's! It is definitely a tradition that will be in my home. I can't wait to spend a SUnday with you guys soon.
Post a Comment