Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday not Sunday

We weren't able to get Sunday pictures today because Lexi, Sam and Abby had a fireside in Bartlesville right after church, Papa had to go to the doctor, baby D fell asleep on the way home from church and so it just didn't work. Instead I will do a post of our Saturday and the first renovation that is being done on our new house.



The entry from the house is being changed to include a mudroom, locker space for each person so hopefully it will eliminate having shoes, bookbags, books, purses etc left all of the house. Below are the pictures

Papa: the General Contractor
(the reason Papa had to go to the doctor today is that he stepped on 3 nails and had to go get an antibiotic and a tetnus shot)


The door on the far right is the entry door. The open area will be enclosed and is part of the mudroom.

Another view looking through the mudroom. The door is the door to Sam's room and the stairs lead up to the kitchen.


I was banished to the front raking leaves.
There is enough leaves to cover the entire state of Oklahoma!
(anyway it seemed that way yesterday)
Head foreman: Sam


Labor crew: Lexi and Lacey
Always time for a pose... No No don't shoot!!!!

Jr Foreman: Chase
(so busy tying rope on everything)

Goofy break

Main supervisor: Baby D
(making sure all gets done)

Another crew worker: Abby

So pretty Lexi...

This is just the starting of many more renovation projects.
We have our work cut out for us.
The construction crew did a good job.
They were happy and helpful for the most part.
I am very proud of them.

1 comment:

Carly A said...

If I were Lexi I would not like you very much right now...

I am excited to see the new house! It sounds like you are getting a lot of what you have always wanted and that is super exciting!

signature