Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh What Do You Do in the Wintertime?

For the first time in many years we have celebrated a
White Christmas!
It snowed 7 inches Christmas Eve and has been cold enough since then to keep snow on the ground.
There is a duck pond near our house and this is what we did yesterday...


We took some cookie sheets (we don't own sleds)
and slid down the hill.

Talk about FUN!!!!!



Here you can see Lacey and Sam in a snow drift.

Chase had fun until he got cold.



Sam wasw a nuisance...he would try and trip you and jump on you when you were going down the hill.
He almost broke Lacey's neck!!!

Abby is ready to go!


Okay...I had the most slippery boots on.
I would walk a few steps and then fall!
And it took me a good fifteen minutes to crawl up the hill!!


Abby and Devin trying to pull me up the hill!!


This is how I spent most of the time...

We finally got Chase to slide down with Abby.



Sam and Abby



Lexi and Devin at the bottom of the hill.






I'm about to fall........



7 comments:

Melanie said...

When I was a teenager I sled into that same pond one winter! It's a fun sledding hill!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

It was fun...we are going again tomorrow. We need to invest in some sleds though. Hopefully some are left at Wal-mart!!!

Beth said...

How FUN! I am jealous! We need a good snow here, send some our way!

Lisha said...

i love sledding... my favorite part of snow!

Dawn, said...

cookie sheets?! Love the ingenuity! I love sledding, can't think of a better way to play and burn calories, massive calories trekking up the hill!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

I wonder how many calories you burn crawling up the hill...

Carly A said...

I was really hoping that Lacey was going to take you out. You would have won America's funniest home videos. I miss snow... its been 70 degrees here. I do have to admit its kind of nice :)

signature