Okay here is a fuuny story:
Dad has been totally obessed with the house we are buying. He has measured every inch of it, looked in every corner, figured out every wire, outlet, thermastat, checked the construction...you name it he has done it. He has even made an architectural drawing on the computer. He found a way to get into the house...which is not too hard since the back door doesn't lock...and so he has let himself in and helped himself and has spent many hours over there.
The latest of his finding is the gas fireplace. He has figured that it is a really nice. He took me over one night around 10 pm to show me this. It is a cool fireplace and we sat there a few minutes and enjoyed the fire. The next night around 9 pm he took Sam over to enjoy the fire.
Now the lady that Lacey works with has a daughter who lives in the house just in front of ours.
Lacey and I were at dinner at the time LaVor and Sam went to the house with a bunch of girlfriends (girls night out) when Lacey got a text from Sarah, the daughter,which said that someone had broken into our house. She has noticed a black GMC Jimmy over there the last couple of nights and so she called the cops.
Well the Jimmy is our car and Lavor is the one that has been over at the house! Luckily he and Sam finished up watching the fire in the fireplace and left just minutes before the cops came.
We told Sarah, the daughter, not to worry it was just our dad, but it was too late she had already called the cops. So any way to make a long story short, we finished dinner and decided to drive by the house to see if anything had happened. We we got there, there were about 5 cop cars and they had the whole street blocked off! I got out of the car and asked the policeman what was going on. He told me that a house alarm went off (the alarm system is not even on, go figure) and they were checking a house for a break-in! He told me it would be about 30 minutes before I could get through on the street! I just said okay and got back in the car...little did the cop know that it was my husband that had been in the house and that we were the buyers and that I already knew what was going on...I thought that it would be a little bit too much info for him! HAhA!!!
LaVor had been totally clueless until I called him and told him the story. He just giggled and said that he guessed he had better stay out of the house until we actually buy it.

4 comments:
I laughed so hard when Dad told me this story yesterday! I'm glad he left when he did. He would have had a huge ordeal with the cops, lol!
sounds like our daddy!
HAhahahahahahaha
classic.
Post a Comment