Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When's the Country Coming?

When we woke up on July 4th I asked Chase if he knew what this day was. Of course he said he didn't know and so I told him that it was our Country's Birthday and that we were going to celebrate and have a party! (He loves parties...of course).
So we got dressed and went to the church for a celebration breakfast of pancakes, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and juice and milk put on by the Elder's quorum.
Then we came home to get ready for the celebration party.
A couple of days before I had smoked 3 large boston butt pork roasts.
And we invited the Drewery's, Amberg's, Bowers, Payne's, Tracy's, Bobik's and Casey (a friend of LaVor's at work) and her family for a BBQ and celebration of our country's birthday.
It was so cute...all day long during the preparation Chase would ask,
"When is the Country coming for the party?"
We got a chuckle out of this!
Here are the pictures we took...sadly we didn't get many of the adults but as you can see the
"Slip n'Slide" was a favorite with the kids.
Chase and Jaxton

Chase slipping





The kids having a great time!



Nina slipping.


Cute Zaya



Chase trying to be like Bro. Bobik...heehee


Jaxton slipping


Baby D eating dirt and anything else that was on the ground.



Baby D and Auntie Lexi

Afterwards we packed up and headed across the bridge into Jenks to enjoy the firework show.
The fireworks were amazing...
perfect ending to the Country's birthday!





Here we are enjoying the show...Abby is taking the picture.



Here is Abby!




Goofy girls in the back seat...I think they had a little too much fun at the celebration party!
What do you think?



I know Lacey had a little too much fun!! What a dork!



All in all it was a great Country's party.
Chase said he had fun and that he was glad the Country came for the celebration.
Kids...they are so cute. Makes it all the more fun!
Happy Birthday America!

4 comments:

Lisha said...

Looks like fun, we missed you guys!

Beth said...

How funny! Looks like a blast!

Carly A said...

I wish I was there to eat those boston butts and hang out with you guys! We miss you guys so much!

Lacey Freeman said...

The hair is messed up because it is a joke...not just because I am weird...

Chase is so dang cute. "Is the country coming yet??"

signature