1 I, Michelle Haynie, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen some afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and some of the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings of the day spent with my father.
2 Yea, I make a record in the lauguage of my father.
3 And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.
4 Wherefore it came to pass that my father, Dad, he went forth praying unto the Lord, yea, even with all his heart, in behalf of his daughter.
5 And it came to pass as he prayed unto the Lord, there came a pillar of fire and dwelt upon a rock before him; and he saw and heard much.
6 And it came to pass that he reutrned to his own house at Spanish Fork, Utah; and he cast himself upon his bed, being overcome with the Spirit and the things which he had seen.
7 And being thus overcome with the Spirit, he was carried away in a vision, even that he saw the heavens open, and he saw that he should take his daughter on a special Daddy Daughter Date.
8 And it came to pass that he called his daugher, Michelle, and invited her to fly to Utah and go on a Date with him, and she did with much joy and anticipation.
9 And it came to pass on the 12th of June in the year of 2009 my father and I set out on our journey to Cove Fort, Utah to learn about the establishment there, but more to visit with one another and to learn why my father wanted to converse with me.
10 And verily, verily, on the course of traveling through the sagebrush for the space of many hours my father enlightened my mind with great geographical astoundments (for he spent much time studying this insomuch he was a doctorate of geology) and we both wondered at the beauty and vast magnitude of the creation of the earth and the beginning thereof. We also conversed about the family of which we belong.
11 It was while discussing such that my father made it known to me his purpose of taking me, his daughter on such a journey.
12 And after this manner my father said that his soul did rejoice, and his whole heart was filled, because of the things of which he knew to be true. That yea, he was a righteous man and married a righteous woman of which they begat many sons and daughters (nine to be exact) under that covenants that they made when being sealed together for time and all eternity in the House of the Lord. That yea, I was the eldest daughter and therefore was born in the covenant and great was the blessings thereof. And this was the cause of the great joy of which he felt.
13 And verily verily I say that I have been so blessed by the covenants that my father and mother hath made unto God the Father insomuch that I also have made such covenants in the House of the Lord with my own LaVor and also begat many beautiful sons and daughters to be raised in righteousness in the Gospel and taught the Great Plan of Salvation so that Satan would have little power of them. That they might hold fast to the iron rod and not let the mist of darkness fall upon them that they might live righteously and make their own covenatns with God and return again and live with God the Eternal Father.
14 And so great was our joy that we baoth hug each other and basked in the day and time we spent together and vowed that we do it again soon. And this is the account of the Daddy Daughter Date. Amen.
*I did take pictures of this wonderful day...but for some reason they are nowhere to be found :(

4 comments:
I love it, you are so clever! And, I love that Grandpa did this, how special.
Genius!
I giggled and got a few tears throughout!
How Funny! I loved it! Very appropriate.
You are too cute! I am glad that you and Grandpa had you're special date and that you got to spend so much time with us.
Post a Comment