Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Love of Mother

For LaVor's birthday his mother brought 2 of these sacks full of world famous New Mexico green chili! I bag was medium hot and one was extra hot!She worked 2 days roasting and peeling them. This is something only a mother will do...if it was left up to me I would have probably let them rot...I have never roasted and peeled chilies before. Love you Mom Haynie!!


3 comments:

Birdie said...

Ugh we just did this too and I forgot to post pics. We didn't roast them though. They roast them at the market and then we peeled them. I totally recommend making Chili Rellenos. They are so yummy. Comment me if you want the recipe. You can also freeze them so you can have them anytime!

Beth said...

Oh I know papa was HAPPY! Mom's are the best.

(Oh, I made your refried beans tonight for the missionaries and it was so yummy!)

Carly A said...

Grandma Haynie is definitely one of the sweetest ladies around!

signature