Monday, April 27, 2009

Where Do You Turn?

I have had an emotional week for reasons that aren't going to be posted. My heart has been broken as I see the pain and heartache that sin and worldly ways hurt and abuse those that are innocent. It just plain hurts.

I was lying in bed pleading with my Heavenly Father for some relief and this is the Hymn that I was comforted with:

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul.

Where when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish,
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching.
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace He finds for my beseeching.
Constant He is and kind,
Love without end.

My Savior reached my reaching and gave me relief. Although the hurting is still there and will continue until time fades the memories, my Savior is constant and has love without end and bears up the burdens that I give to him.

I bear witness to this.

2 comments:

Dawn, said...

Oh Michelle, I'm sorry for your heartache. There was a conference address a while back titled something like 'Peace of Mind vs. Peace of Conscience'. Sounds like your peace of mind at this time is burdened... but thankfully, because of your testimony... your peace of conscience is firm. I too often turn to hymns for comfort. I am NOT musically talented like you but the words are poetry to me and HEAL!!

Carly A said...

I am glad you were able to be comforted. Call me if I can do anything.

signature