Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lexi Throughout the Years...

Okay so I am a little behind...okay okay so I am WAY behind. Lexi's birthday was 11.25 and here it is February and I am still trying to do her birthday post. But at least I am doing it!

I do have to give myself some credit because I have gotten a little more into this and so I have scanned 154 pictures of Lexi and so you can sorta see why it has taken me a little more time.

I am also trying to organize the millions of pictures that I have so bare (correct spelling?) with me and enjoy the Birthday Post of Lexi...



One proud and happy momma...number 6 is out of the oven.

Alexis Lea Haynie
11.25.1991
12:48 pm
7 pounds 12 ounces
20 inches long




Lexi was born at the hospital were I worked. At that time I was a staff nurse working in the newborn nursery. So this place was home away from home.



We were given top notch care mainly because my friends were the ones taking care of Lexi and me.


One proud big sister Lacey.


Teresa was Lexi special nurse.
Going home 11.27.1991


1st bath at home


My mom came to help me when Lexi was born. It was thanksgiving the day after we got home. I was so very thankful that I had my mom helping me.


One week old

Not too sure about this bath...

Father's Bessing and Name given by:
Edsel LaVor Haynie
1.5.1992

Proud sister Alisha and Carly

1st shower

Daddy loves his little girl...



For the first 2 months if Lexi wasn't sleeping or eating she was crying...but after 2 months she was a very happy sweet baby.


(Tired)Momma and Lexi
Daddy and Lexi


Washcloth on the head...so silly



We have always joked that Lexi was not a very pretty baby.

Lacey says she was an "alien baby"

She is so cute here!

This must have been in the first 2 months...


Daddy's valentine
2.14.1992


Happy Lexi

Sleeping with Kiara

Playing trucks with Jarom.


2 months old


Sleeping with Jarom

1st professional pictures
Lexi at 2 months





5 months old

Sleeping with Grandpa Haynie


When Lexi was 8 months old we went on a trip to New Mexico. While in Albuquerque we stopped at a store and I went around to open the back of the van and for some reason now forgotten when I opened the the hatch back Lexi came rolling out of the car and hit the pavement. We took her to the emergency room and they gave us the run around trying to figure out if I was an abusive parent...But I did realize that they did not know me from Adam and so I couldn't really blame them.
For the next 2 weeks everytime I looked at my baby I started to cry...


Hello People!

Lexi and cousin Marcy

Lexi and Cousin Brett

Alisha holding Lexi and Elizabeth Thaxton
Flagstone Apartments
summer 1992

At the pool summer of 92

Happy 1st birthday


Lexi and Grandpa Brimhall

1 year old

Lexi and cousin Kalee

Lexi at Ben and Debbie's wedding

1 year od


Lacey and Lexi in the bath
Lexi is sporting a "poingy" hairdo.
Heaven nows what Lacey is doing.


Cute girl before church.

Lexi helping build our new house!


Lexi is either up or down...never in between!


Since the older kids were swimming on the Madison Dolphins Swim Team, Lexi grew up hanging around the pool during the summer.

Point Mallard, Decatur, Alabama
Check mom's hairdo... one hot momma!


2 years old.
Lacey, Lexi and Abby had their 2 year old pictures taken in this dress.


Lexi 2 years, Sam 2 months



Lexi's pretty smile...


I made all the girls these Daisy Kingdom Dresses...Some of the most involved sewing that I have ever done!

Lexi at Grandma's house in the canyon.

3 years old

4 years old

Dolly for Christmas

Cousin Brett with Lexi
Angel for Christmas pagent

4 years old
Sam, Lexi and Abby...those were the days!

Photo shoot with Lexi being the model and Lacey the photographer.
The pictures are kinda cute!
Lexi is 5

5 years old

3rd grade
4th grade


When Lexi was 4 she began swimming with the Madison Dolphins Swim Team. Her best time for the 25 free was 18:02...she took first place with that time when she was 8 years old.
She loved doing the breaststroke, as did all of the Haynies, and she was really good at it.

Fall 4th grade

This is the dress I made for Lexi and one for her best friend Hayley Davies.
Spring 4th grade

Fall 5th grade

Spring 5th grade

Doing homework


Soccer

Lexi was the goalie and defender for the Falcons.

Christmas 10 years old

Carden and Lexi May 2001

Fall 6th grade

Spring 6th grade


7th grade

8th grade


This picture was taken at church and it is the only time Lexi wore this jacket even though she was really cute in it.

Cousin Annie and Lexi

Lexi 2006
Sisters:
Lexi, Lacey and Carly

Mom and Lexi at 7 peaks 2006

9th grade

10th grade

11th grade

December photo shoot with Kim Greenfield











What a beautiful girl inside and out!
I love you Alexis Lea Haynie
Happy Belated Birthday Post

7 comments:

Fig said...

She IS gorgeous inside and out. I love that girl! (However "ugly" she may have been as a baby, she's more than making up for it now!)

Lisha said...

She was only ugly as a newborn, she got way cute when she got happy! I love that girl! Oh, and I'm glad even beautiful Lexi had an ugly stage.

Dawn, said...

I love these posts... they are my favorite all time posts!!! I fell in love with Lexi the day I met her, she is incredible!!!

Melanie said...

I love these birthday posts you do, they are so fun! Lexi is such a great girl- ditto on how she is so gorgeous inside and out :)

Beth said...

I loved the pictures! Lex is beautiful!

Carly A said...

MEMORIES!!! THis was a fun post to look at! I would have to say that my favorite is Lexi 9th grade... the t shirt and pony tail with the serious pose just doesn't get any better!

I understand now why it took so dang long. That was one very long post. Good job Mom.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up all my beehives are now! She is an incredible person! I loved getting to know her in YW!

signature