Sunday, October 28, 2007

Alabama trip update

I have been told I need to update my blog...not even sure I am saying this right. But nonetheless here is an update on us...the Happy Haynies!!

We spent Oct 12-21 travelling to Madison Alabama and then back home again. The kids had fall break the 17-19. Kids Market (I promised Lacey when we moved to Tulsa that we would be back for this bi-annual event) was having their 50 % off sale starting Friday the 12th and so we just had to be there for that. It was a very fruitful shopping day as we were able to get all of Chase's winter clothes, several items for both Sam and Abby and even a sweater for X. Lacey loves Kid's Market and it is lots of fun going with her.

We stayed at our house at 109 Daffodil Circle. We had brought blow up mattresses and bedding to sleep on. We had a small cooler we packed with ice and I had brought a few pots, pans and dishes to use. It was like camping in our own house...kinda fun!

Sorry no pictures as of now. My camera is broken and all the pictures taken of our trip Alisha has because Lacey's camera also broke. Hopefully I will get some soon.

It was fun to see family and friends. We basically drove into Madison and Lexi went over to Aly's house and was gone the rest of the week. Sam also "lived" over at the Hess' house. I didn't give them too much grief for this because this was one of the reason we had come to Madison. Abby had a time sleeping over at all of her friend's houses. We went to the 3rd ward on Sunday and again it was good to see friends and loved ones again.

Monday night we enjoyed a home cooked meal with Alisha and family...it tasted soooo good!! After so many fast food meals you really need some home cooking and Alisha's hit the spot. We then enjoyed FHE with them. Nate gave the lesson on the importance and blessings that temples give us. Thanks guys for a great night! I sure do miss my little ones!

We were able to go to Tate Farms and pick a few pumpkins and play in the pumpkin patch. This has been a tradition for several years now and it was fun to keep the tradition going for this year. The only sad thing was that Emma ran a fever this day and so Alisha and family did not come. We did take Carden along with us though and it was fun to have a special time with her. She loves her Aunt Abby!

I also spent a lot of time painting and fixing some things at the house. Hopefully it has help with the selling of our home. Our realtor called and said someone wants our house and so it is sold with contingency of them qualifying!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

Jarom and Beth had us over for Sunday dinner. It was one of the best meals!! Beth really worked hard and their home was so nice and inviting. The kids had a great time with the dogs. X also had a time with the dogs...go to Lacey's blog and see what happened to him. I laughed and laughed when it happened (only when I found out he and Chase were okay though).

Friday evening Jarom took us to the house he and his in-laws are working on. I was really impressed!! It is a lovely home and he has done such a great job! I am really proud of him! After seeing the house we went bowling and I will have to brag here because I won!! I hardly ever win anything and that is okay, but it was fun to come out of top of the bowling tournament!!

Sunday we drove all the way home. We started about 11 am. We had 7 passengers in a 7 passenger van. We had all of our luggage, a weed eater, 3 pumpkins, a port-a-potty for Chase, several bookbags and pillows and blankets. If you would have seen us you would have died laughing. The kids said we looked so ghetto!! It took us 11 hours to get home and so by the time 10 pm came around we were ready to get of the car! All in all it was a good trip and I am glad we did it.

This week has been spent in getting things going again. I was called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency in the New Haven ward...this is so much better than Relief Society President!!!! It will be a challenging calling, but I will have fun getting to know everyone!

1 comment:

Carly A said...

Good post mom! Way to go! I didn't know about the people wanting our house... has it gone through? That will be sad but nice. I saw the pics of X and I had a good laugh myself. I just wish I could have seen in person. I wish you would have taken a picture of the van, it sounds pretty interesting. And that is exciting that you are the 2nd counselor. It is a lot better than being the president and its still a good way to meet new people. I didn't know half of tthe info in this blog so I guess it is time for us to talk again. I'll call you soon! lOve you!

signature