Monday, December 8, 2008

25 Christmas Questions

(Got these questions from Melanie S)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags work just fine for me...mainly because I have sooooo much to do!
2. Real tree or artificial?
I am so practical so I would have to say artificial. Besides a real tree tends to be kinda messy with pine needles and pine tree gum.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever I can find the time...hopefully we will do it tonight for family night. It will be interesting to see how it goes, mainly because of all the different attitudes that are in our housefold.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The day after New Years and it always feels so good to get it down and return to normal life.

5. Do you like eggnog?
LOVE IT!! I would be a fat cow if I drank as much of it as I wanted.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Mom always worked so hard to make Christmas special for us kids (there were 9 of us). My dad didn't believe that Santa should come and is kinda a scrooge when it comes to Christmas. Mom would work throughout the year babysitting or doing odd jobs just so she could give us a Christmas. I don't remember anything in particular but I do remember ALWAYS loving Christmas and feeling so happy. Thanks mom! (Or should I say Santa!)
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, My favorite one is the one my mom gave to me. It is a soft knitted nativity scene that she got in London while she was on her mission.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
In-laws.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My girls.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! Emailing them is not a real card!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Haven't had one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movies?
The Polar Express.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Just as a white elephant gift.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Food.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear lights...but I must admit that some of my past Christmas trees have been quite interesting!
17.Favorite Christmas song?
Silver Bells (I LOVE all Christmas music...it is the best part of Christmas!)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I love being with family wherever they are.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I can't even name all of my kids!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Which ever one I have.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
All the commercialization!! Trying to make everyone happy and going WAY overboard do it!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love RED
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
I always try to do a very fancy dinner...usually Prime Rib or something I would usually not do because it is too fancy!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
To be with ALL my kids and grandkids! (And husband of course!) And yea this is going to happen! We will all be together in Alabama this year!
25. A favorite Christmas Tradition?
Eating breakfast, reading scriptures and cleaning the house BEFORE opening gifts!! (Much to my kids dislike!) HAHA

5 comments:

Beth said...

Love this post!

Fig said...

I bet Christmas is a BLAST at your house.

Number 19 was my favorite - cracked me up!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you did this! Your nativity set sounds really pretty, I've never seen one that is knitted.

Carly A said...

Fun post... maybe I will copy it! I am so excited for this year too! Woohoo!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Christmas makes me think of you and the Madison Ward RS Christmas shows and Mary's Lullaby..... remember the year that we both a newborn sons and we sang that? I will always remember looking at our brand new little boys and wondering what it really must have been like for Mary....

signature