Sunday, September 14, 2008

Minnie P our Cat

I am not an animal lover. I don't hate them I just don't love them enough to want to care for them. I don't mind petting them occasionally or even feeding them, but I just don't get "into" really taking care of them.





There is one exception to this though. We have a family cat that has perservered though our family for 15 years and her name is Minh or Minnie P. She has never scratched, hissed or clawed any kid. If a child comes to her she will quietly sit and let them do whatever it is they will do to her. She never causes any trouble...and she is my alarm clock going off at 5:30 every morning! She hates riding in cars probably because she was brought to us by Grandpa and Grandma Haynie clear from New Mexico when she was just a few months old. You could count on one hand how many times she has been in a car. We worried that she would not make the move from Alabama to Oklahoma and I think it almost killed her!





She has adapted well to life here in Oklahoma and has even ventured outside several times. The other day though we noticed her scratching the tar out of her neck and rump. The vet in Alabama told us that she has allergies and that it was an allergic reaction. So I treated her with an antihistimine. For 2 weeks I have given her this and she only has worsen. She has clawed her neck and buttocks raw and so Friday I took her to her new vet here in Tulsa and she got a shot of prednisone and some antibiotics and flea medicine. This has helped immensely with the scratching and sores.





The vet did find a large mass on Minnie P's buttocks and one on her back. She doesn't know what the cause is and we will return for another exam in 2 weeks to determine the cause. Hopefully it won't be a malignant and only a cyst that can be removed...

5 comments:

Fig said...

Oh, poor Minnie. It's so sweet that you're taking such good care of her in spite of not being a real animal person. Good for you!

Lisha said...

I think the whole family will go into mourning when Minnie P passes. I hope it is just a little something and not a big something. Give her a good pet and love for me!

Beth said...

Poor Minh! She is a sweet sweet kitty!

Lacey Freeman said...

Poor Mihnie! Even though she makes me itch to death when she is around me, I will miss her to pieces when she passes. She is such a sweet kitty and she does, in fact, put up with Chase and his many tortures. She even used to put up with me dressing her in my doll clothes and taking a photo shoot of her with my American Girl Doll props and scenes and settings! =) Good ol' Mihnie P!

chia said...

i just love that cat. i still find random minnie-p hairs in my stuff and it brings a smile to my face. :) i hope she starts feeling better. this always happens around august/september... remember that.

signature