Sunday, February 13, 2011

Call Me Weird

I can't download any pictures right now because they are telling me I have no more "free" space and I need to purchase some more!  BAH!!

Anyway I just wanted to say that over the past 2 weeks I have spent more  continuous time with my children than I can remember and I LOVED IT!!! So call me weird, but I had a good time being stuck at home.

I loved that we were all snowed in unable to get out of our driveway.  We would sleep until 9 or 10 and then enjoy a breakfast of hot chocolate, eggs, biscuits, pancakes, muffins, grapefruit and milk!  Then we would spend about an hour making beds, doing dishes, vacuuming floors etc. Next we would bundle up and head outside to play in the snow for a few hours! We would slide down the front yard/driveway, make igloos, sno angels, shovel off the porches, decks and stairs.  After we were frozen we would come in and enjoy toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Then we would watch a movie, or do a craft.  Lacey, Lexi and myself made some cute yarn wreaths that I will post as soon as I purchase some of the above mentioned space!  I loved that the outside world just left us alone and there were no requirements from anybody...we did just want we wanted and felt like doing for 2 whole weeks!!!!.

The snow has now turned to the ugly gray slushy stuff, the roads are pretty much cleared and tomorrow we have school and work.  Time to put are noses back to the grindstone...

It was a fun and relaxing break  :)

2 comments:

Lisha said...

It is nice to have those times where you have no choice but to be at home! We had a week like that, and besides trying to keep the messy, melting snow off my hardwood, I loved it! Being home is the best.

Dawn, said...

I love being home! Of course our kids don't usually get the FULL benefits of snow days from school, grin, but I still try and give them some off time.

signature