Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wiser Than Her Years

Abby has been in a situation for several months now that has been quite challenging to her. 
And I have to say that she has acted more like an adult than most of the adults were.
She was accused of sending an awful text to a friend that she just got tired of being used by.
 (not the one pictured here)
There was a text sent
but it was not by Abby 
This friend continued to accuse Abby of lying...
and I (Abby's mom) was accused of being in denial about Abby sending this text by this friends mother because I believed my daughter when she told me she didn't send it.
To make a long story supposedly short...
After several months of continuously being blamed...not just by this girl but by others
Abby stood up for herself and told the friend,
told the bishop,
told the YW president,
that she didn't send the text,
she was hurt that this previous friend thought that she would,
but that they needed to get along
because they were both in the same ward and needed to be able to get along.

The girl agreed and now they are able to have fun at the Young Women Activities.

Abby was definitely the bigger person!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes, I would say that is wiser than her years. I am glad that the story has a happy ending. Way to go, Abby!

kaitlan said...

Annie had something similar happen to her when she was a little older than Abby. Though it was hard for my family to associate with the accusors family who are in my parents ward, we've all moved past it and Annie is on good terms with her old friend once again. Integrity is very important, if you don't have that, you don't have anything. Good for Abby!

signature