Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Carly has the opportunity to walk next door to a church where she gathers free food at the "Bread Run".
What is a Bread Run you ask? Well Carly's good friend Heidi had a brother in law that was in a terrible motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed. His family struggled financially and so Heidi went to a grocery store and asked for donations. The store generously gave their "soon to be outdated" goods. There was so much given that Heidi found others that needed help and gave to them. She makes no profit from this and she and others give of the time and efforts to help others.
Carly has been fortunate to be able to go to these bread runs and it has help them immensely on their grocery bill.
I have been able to go a few times and have had a ball! I have a hard time holding back...it must be the Scot in me. Carly has to keep reminding me that we will be back in a couple of days!
Above is a sampling of what is given. (Not included are the two cute little girls)
There are good people on this earth!
Carly has been fortunate to be able to go to these bread runs and it has help them immensely on their grocery bill.
I have been able to go a few times and have had a ball! I have a hard time holding back...it must be the Scot in me. Carly has to keep reminding me that we will be back in a couple of days!
Above is a sampling of what is given. (Not included are the two cute little girls)
There are good people on this earth!

3 comments:
Man! I wish I had a Heidi! I dropped $350 at Publix today. :(
I missed you at the bread run today. I can't believe you have already come and gone!
Missed you too...
Post a Comment