Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Morning Did Not Work Well

Okay so today there will be no cute Sunday Pictures, because today is one of those Sunday's that didn't work so well.

We will just start out saying that my kids are all BRATS!!! A friend of mine commented on facebook a few days ago how her 17 year old daughter was a brat and it just made me think that you know my kids can be BRATS also!!

I woke up feeling good and happy. It was the normal "run like mad" Sunday morning but it was all coming together pretty good until...

I came downstairs and saw Lexi and Abby on the couch playing with the babies! Now normally that would be good except it was 8:45 am and church starts at 9 and no one had their shoes on, the car seat was not buckled into the car, the cheerios were not in the diaper bag, Chase had not eaten his strawberries and bananas, my husband wasn't dressed, and I didn't know where the keys where, and no one was concerned that we had less than 15 minutes to get to church!

So I started going bananas and the kids just looked at me and asked me what my problem was...WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS??!! Lexi decided that she would just go out and stand in front of the car and wait until someone brought the keys out. I continued to flip out. Abby did find the keys and said that they were hanging on the key ring by the door all the time (I swear they weren't there when I just looked) Lacey hooked the car seat in the car while everyone else loaded. I jump in and started to back out of the driveway leaving Lacey while she was trying to get into the car. (Actually I thought she was going to the singles ward and not going with us and was going to take the other car). When I realized that she wasn't in the car...I stopped and let her in and then Lexi and Lacey started in on me asking me what my problem was...WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS??!! I lost it and started crying and jumped out of the car and told them to go onto church!!

Sometime kids can make you feel so dumb...and all I was trying to do was to get to church on time.

PS...to make matters worse I was suppose to give the opening prayer in Sacrament...

pps... Sam had to give a talk in another ward this morning and so he was gone during this time...I'm sure he would have put in his 2 cents if he had been there!!!

7 comments:

Carly A said...

Oh the memories...

Beth said...

LOL... Sunday mornings are so hard on moms!!!

Lisha said...

Sometimes I wish I could jump out and let Carden drive everyone to church!

Dawn, said...

You are going to get a WHOLE lot of 'feel your pains' comments with this post. I would NOT know what to do if my two boys actually had their shoes, ties, and scriptures handy when it was time to exit home for church.

Lacey said...

Nothing to bring the spirit to the sabbath like a wonderful sunday morning. Grrrr... We seem to have a hectic one every week. Sorry it was hard on you!

Anonymous said...

Were you at my house this morning???? Seriously, it's spooky. :)

The Happy Haynie Family said...

hacked by sam

what is this two cents thing? i woke up on time got myself ready and left to give a great talk. i'm not as bad as anyone thinks i am. i'm just stuck with no brothers.

signature