Friday, December 14, 2007

Walking around the temple

Squaw Peak
Provo temple
Mt. Timpanogos

Some days I have been able to walk to the temple from Carly's apartment. It is about a 10 minute walk to the temple and a 30 minute walk in all. I walk around the temple and then down to the MTC then over to Wymount Terrace. I have been able to see the apartment we lived in when Alisha and Kiara were little and Jarom was a newborn. It has brought back a lot of memories.

The atmosphere is beautiful with the white snow and mountains. It is such a blessing to be so close to such beauty.

Carly's apartment is really cute and cozy. Avery and I have doubled its occupancy. But all of the essentials are there and we are quite comfortable. Since the family at home has had several days without power it has made me very greatful for the coziness that we have enjoyed, especially with a new baby. Can you imagine being without power in the middle of winter and have a newborn baby? How did pioneer women do it?

3 comments:

Lisha said...

You have a knack for picking out beautiful walks. :)

Debbie said...

That is beautiful! It would definitely be nice to walk to the temple from your house!

We had problems with our heating until shortly after Taylor was born, and it was horrible! We had to use a little portable heater in the house. I can't imagine having no power and absolutely no heat with a newborn either!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Hi Michelle! What beautiful children and grandchildren! I miss you guys! How on earth did you end up in Tulsa?!? I've been inspired by y'all and have tried to create a blog: the rapid reagans....check it out and let me know what you think! :) our love to everyone....

signature